Posted on: October 27, 2016
The fact of the matter is, if a video marketing strategy isn’t part of your broader content marketing plan, you’re missing out.
Video isn’t just a nice afterthought. It’s a chance to take your marketing strategy into the stratosphere.
The good news? It’s never too late for a fresh start—a chance to do marketing better. And it’s not too late to tap into the power of video. Here are just some of the many reasons THIS is the year of video marketing.
1. Video Will Help You Dominate Your Marketing Objectives
Video, on its own, isn’t magically going to grow your business. But if you use video strategically to accomplish specific business objectives, you’ll see serious returns.
Here are just a few examples:
- Adding a video to your website can increase the chance of a front page Google result by up to 53x.
- Using videos in email marketing has been shown to double click-through rates.
- 71% of marketers say that video conversion rates consistently outperform other marketing content.
- Audiences are 10x more likely to engage with video content—embed, share, or comment—more than text-only blogs or related social posts.
If you have a clear vision for what marketing objectives you want to achieve, video will help you get there.
2. Video Is No Longer Just for the Top of Your Funnel
A lot of companies see that we make explainer videos, and they think video marketing stops there. But there are so many opportunities for you to offer your audience video content throughout the buyer’s journey—video that will help educate them, make it easy to trust your brand, and move them to a purchase decision faster.
Of course, awareness-stage video is still a great way to improve conversions. Take ExactTarget, for example: When they implemented video on their website, their bounce rate decreased—and the average time on site increased by 100%!
Or what about the folks at Limelight Networks? Thanks to video, their bounce rate essentially evaporated, and their unique visitor count doubled—almost overnight!
But stopping at the top of the funnel would be a big mistake. Video is a great opportunity to stay in touch with folks who are in the consideration stage, making their purchase decision.
Your existing customers will also appreciate ongoing engagement through video content, like when IKEA created a series of instructional videos showing customers how to build some of their most popular furniture.
Video belongs at every stage of the buyer’s journey. And the more places you utilize great video in your funnel, the easier you make it for those buyers to move down the path to purchase.
3. Video Helps People Feel the Love
Video is critical to helping people connect with, remember, and care about your brand. Consider these statistics:
- Experiments show that video-based multimedia material create better learning performance and more positive emotion—even in text-centric learners. (Chih-Ming Chen)
- Videos are usually presented as stories, and stories are 22x more memorable than facts alone. (Jennifer Aaker, Stanford)
- Positive emotions created by watching a video can actually impact your viewers’ buying decisions. (Scheibehenne)
- The human brain processes visuals 60,000x faster than text. (HubSpot)
Simply put, a great video taps into the human mind in ways that images and text just can’t. Still not convinced? Watch this.
4. Your Competition’s Already On It
The secret sauce that is video marketing isn’t so secret anymore. In fact:
- 52% of marketing professionals name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- 76% of marketers plan to use video to boost their brand awareness campaigns.
- 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next year.
Can you really afford to be left behind?
5. THIS is the year of video.
Did you know that consumer internet video traffic will go from 64% in 2014 to over 80% by 2019? That’s not very far away.
But don’t panic. There’s still plenty of time left in the year to get in on the video marketing game. You just have to get started!
Perlow Productions crafts customized, attention-grabbing videos that increase brand awareness, grow revenue streams and build businesses. Headquartered near Philadelphia, the company partners with clients everywhere – corporations, non-profits, marketing firms, PR agencies – who reject cookie cutter video production. Founder and President Mike Perlow, a longtime TV sportscaster, oversees every client production. Mike leads a team of gifted industry veterans that includes producers, videographers, video editors and graphic designers. Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org or (856) 669-1669.